The Research Center for Islamic Legislation and Ethics (CILE) is an academic center based in the College of Islamic Studies (CIS), Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) in Qatar, with an international orientation and an ambitious research agenda. One of CILE’s key instruments to achieve its Vision and Mission is producing original, high-quality, impactful and interdisciplinary research. The research is undertaken in various fields of Applied Islamic Ethics, intersecting with a wide range of research domains, including Economics, Environment, Gender, Bioethics, Migration & Human Rights, Politics and Psychology.
CIS & CILE invite applications for a position of Digital Outreach Specialist who will ensures that both CIS and CILE’s visions, missions and key messages are digitally well communicated through CIS’s and CILE’s website as well as social media to their key audiences in English, Arabic and French. Selected candidate will be responsible for making sites easy to use, attractive and secure. CILE is particularly interested in candidates who demonstrate the ability to combine both technical skills as well as communication skills.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A Master degree, in a related field, is required
- Fluency or professional level in English, Arabic and French Languages
- Proven work experience as a community manager or similar role handling website and social media with perfect writing skills with particular attention given to details
- Expertise in content management system (CMS) like Drupal
- Computer Skills that fit with all the required software & hardware tasks
- 6-8 years’ experience in a similar position
- Programming experience plus knowledge in new software’s languages
- Proven experience as webmaster or web-developer
- Expert in social media and digital means of communications
- Demonstrated leadership in project management
- Previous work experience in academic setting is preferred
How to apply
Candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to the following link:
Applications accepted till the position is filled. The successful candidate must be ready to start upon end of hiring process.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as Housing & transportation allowances, children educational assistance, annual paid leave, airfares, and medical insurance etc. Hamad Bin Khalifa University, being an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.