The Research Center for Islamic Legislation and Ethics (CILE), a member of the College of Islamic Studies (CIS) in Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), cordially invites you to the upcoming public lecture titled:
Should we edit our Children’s Genomes? Moral discussions on the concept of “altering God’s Creation”(taghyir)
It will be held on October 9th, 2019 from 7 to 9 pm in the auditorium at the College of Islamic Studies building.
In this lecture, a selective scholars will discuss the following questions:
- How far should we redefine the scope of parental authority to decide about the future of their children?
- What is the relationship between this modern technology and the concept of “altering God’s creation”, which is rooted in the Islamic tradition?
These questions will be addressed through various angles and approaches by three speakers:
- Dr. Samer Rashwani (Center for Islamic Theology, Tubingen University)
- Dr. Mohammed Ghaly (CILE, CIS, HBKU)
- Dr. Mutaz al-Khatib (CILE, CIS, HBKU)