Call for Research Papers
CILE International Seminar
The State and Public Morality in Muslim Contexts and Beyond
9-11 May 2022
The Doha-based Research Center for Islamic Legislation and Ethics (CILE) is delighted to invite scholars, academics and researchers to submit their research papers to a closed three-day seminar on The State and Public Morality in Muslim Contexts and Beyond to be held in Doha during the period of May 9-11, 2022.
The seminar is convened by Dr. Abdessamad Belhaj, CISMOC-UCLouvain, Research Institute for Religion and Society-NUPS. The proceedings will result in a peer-reviewed and Open-Access publication, either in the form of an edited volume in the book-series Studies in Islamic Ethics or a thematic issue in the Journal of Islamic Ethics, both published by Brill.
Interested researchers are kindly requested to send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note that only submissions sent to this e-mail address will be considered and evaluated)
- An abstract (300-500 words), which briefly outlines the endorsed arguments, methods, main and sub-questions, and how they will be addressed in the light of the attached Background Paper,
- A short biography (150-200 words) about the participant’s credentials, academic affiliation, main research interested and key publications.
Selected participants, who will be invited to submit full papers in this research seminar, will be expected to send their full-text papers (between 7,000 and 9,000 words) according to the planned schedule (see below). Full papers should follow the style outline in the attached file “Instructions for Authors”.
While applying to this research seminar, please keep track of the following important dates:
- 30 November 2021: Deadline for submitting an abstract and short biography. Please read carefully the attached Background Paper carefully before writing the abstract,
- 07 December 2021: Authors will be notified about the acceptance (or not) of their abstracts,
- 10 March 2022: Selected participants submit their full-text papers,
- 10 April 2022: Authors will be notified about the acceptance (or not) of their full-text papers,
- 09-11 May 2022: The proceedings of the seminar will take place in Doha,
- 10 July 2022: Deadline to submit the revised versions of all papers.
Submitted abstracts and full papers should be written in either English or Arabic.
For any inquiries about this call-for-papers, or about the accompanying Background Paper, please contact:
- Dr. Abdessamad Belhaj (email@example.com), CISMOC-UCLouvain, Research Institute for Religion and Society-NUPS.
- Dr. Mohammed Ghaly (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Academic Director of the Research Center for Islamic Legislation & Ethics (CILE), CIS, HBKU.
For inquiries about the Journal of Islamic Ethics or the book-series Studies in Islamic Ethics, please contact email@example.com or visit https://www.editorialmanager.com/JIE/default.aspx.
Add new comment