The Doha-based Research Center for Islamic Legislation and Ethics (CILE) is pleased to invite scholars, academics and researchers to submit their research papers to a closed three-day Seminar on “Wilāya and Islamic Ethics” to be held in Doha on 20-23 February 2023. The Seminar will be convened by Dr. Mohammad Fadel, University of Toronto. The proceedings of the Seminar will be published as a special issue in the peer-reviewed and open-access Journal of Islamic Ethics or as an edited volume in the book-series Studies in Islamic Ethics, both published by Brill.
Interested researchers are kindly requested to send the following documents to email@example.com.
(Please note that only submissions sent to this e-mail address will be considered and evaluated)
(a) A short abstract (300-500 words), that outlines the key contribution the proposal will make, its sources, and its method, in the light of this Background Paper, and
(b) A brief biography (max. 500 words) that includes the academic background of the author, his or her academic publications, and his or her research interests.
Authors whose abstracts are accepted will receive an invitation to submit their full papers (between 7,000 and 10,000 words) within the deadlines specified below. The authors of accepted papers will be invited to participate in the Seminar in Doha It is to be noted that submissions (abstracts, bios and full papers) can be written in either English or Arabic. Full papers should follow the style outline in the attached file “Instructions for Authors”
Peer-reviewed publication with Brill
After the Seminar, the full proceedings will undergo a double-blind review process. The papers which will successfully go through this process will be published as a thematic issue in the peer-reviewed Journal of Islamic Ethics (JIE) or an edited volume in the book-series Studies in Islamic Ethics, both published by Brill.
CILE will offer the authors of accepted papers the following:
- Peer-reviewed publication
- Covering the costs of making the publication available via open access.
- Travel and accommodation costs during the Seminar (if the corona virus status remain risky, the Seminar will be held online).
- 25 June, 2022: Deadline for submitting an abstract and short bio.
- 25 July, 2022: Authors whose abstracts are accepted will be notified and invited to write the full papers.
- 01 December 2022: Deadline for submitting the full papers.
- 10 January, 2023: Authors will be notified about the acceptance (or not) of their full-text papers.
- 20-23 February, 2023: The proceedings of the Seminar will take place in Doha.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only submissions sent to this e-mail address will be considered and evaluated.
For any inquiries about this call-for-papers, please contact Dr Mohammad Fadel (email@example.com).
Add new comment