The Research Center for Islamic Legislation and Ethics (CILE), a member of College of Islamic Studies (CIS) in Hamad Bin Khalifa University, cordially invites you to the upcoming public lecture titled:
God and Man: Towards a new approach to moral theory and practice
It will be held on December 1st, 2019 from 7 to 9 pm in the auditorium at the College of Islamic Studies building.
This Public lecture discusses models of ethical concepts from transdisciplinary approach, including the concepts of love, gratefulness, and neighborliness.
It will also discuss the following questions:
Can our ethical perceptions be renewed? What theoretical models of ethical concepts can enrich these perspectives? How can Islamic Tradition help us to be more ethical in our lives? How does one’s existential and eschatological vision affect the reading and understanding of Quranic ethics? How does the study of key ethical concepts in Scripture and Tradition enhance our approach to Islamic ethics?
- Dr. Eisa Al-Akoub / Aleppo University - Syria
- Dr. Chafika Ouail / The Orient-Institute Beirut (OIB)- Lebanon
- Dr. Ghassan el Masri / Free University of Berlin – Germany
- Dr. Rachid Boutayeb / Doha Institute for Graduate Studies - Qatar
- Dr. Abdulrahman Helli / University of Frankfurt– Germany